Thursday, March 17, 2011

I love Japan and it's lovely people unabashedly. Do you see the cushions on the chairs in the photo above? They demonstrate one of the bajillion reasons I am so fond. Someone in the neighborhood of that train stop made those cushions. The cushions are completely unmolested - there's no gum on them, no rips, no nothing! Also, the cushions are still there without having been locked down in some way. I think this is the ultimate in neighborliness of which I think there can never be enough.

 I have been feeling especially powerless to help the folks affected. Thus, I am asking you to consider donating to 2011 Japan Earthquake/Tsunami Victims  via my friend Aya and her sister Emilie who have family in Tokyo. They've found a fund that will help directly and are hoping to raise $4k by Friday. Thank you for being neighborly along with me.

1 comment: