Thursday, March 3, 2011

long awaited!

Alright, alright, maybe it's only been awaited since I placed the order last week, nonetheless, my new camera arrived last night.  I'm so excited, it's got functions aplenty plus it is a very bright pink.


It will also allow me to take pictures even after the sun has gone down, and at this time of the year, that will be hugely helpful. Any scheme to feel like I'm beating this never ending winter is one I am on like lines are on graph paper.

This means I am much more likely to post pictures of things I'm working on. There's an idea floating around the crafty blogging world of posting the process of your own projects, rather than just the perfect finished product. I'm all for that, partly because my stuff is rarely perfect, and a lot of times what I'm aiming for isn't quite what happens in the end, and it will be good to have a better record of that kind of thing.

Thus! Here are some pictures I took last night of a raw edge applique small project I started.  I've been using interfacing for this kind of applique, as interfacing had been on my list of things to no longer be afraid of, like zippers and binding. I'm working up to those.

The extreme closeups show where I'm having some trouble with machine. I'm told that maybe the bobbin is defective, but I'm not sure. I was too excited to see how this would look to stop and take it all out and start over. I will though, because I really like how this looks. I'm also excited to see this in other pattern and color combinations.

The pattern and the project before I've tacked it all down. I know this is a little dark.



My stitches have gone all kinds of wonky. On the plus side my camera  has a macro function that makes me very happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment