Sunday, December 30, 2012

If I make a cute thing . . .

but do not post on the interwebs, did it really happen?

It's been a while. We moved to Saint Albans and we love it here. Initially our apartment was too small to set up any kind of sewing area so I took up crochet. I made lots of little bits of things and didn't take many pictures. I also made a scarf for my cat, which he seemed to enjoy.

You can't see from the picture but he is purring loudly here, I swear. 


I had a short career as an LNA. I loved the people I cared for and I didn't mind the work, but there was never enough time or help to give the kind of care that I wanted to. It was a good lesson in learning my limits.

Now I work at a craft store, and we're in a slightly bigger apartment and I can sew again. It is marvelous. To get back into sewing shape I made tissue holders for everyone I work with.

I've also made a pillow cover or two.



I am trying to get in the habit of taking in process pictures. At this time of the year it is a fight against the fading of natural light, and the desire to get to that moment when an assortment of pieces turns into an actual object. That moment keeps me going.



2 comments:

  1. Keep the photos coming - they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a lot of thinking about projects I plan to do, but I'm not so good at the actual implementation.
    Your beautiful work inspires me to get on with it already.

    ReplyDelete